Form Factor No Longer Limits Performance
For electronics manufacturing services (EMS), advanced assembly is the ability to precisely integrate electronic and mechanical components of a variety of materials into tight spaces without compromising performance. Jabil’s unique experience with micro/macro assembly, interconnect, and wafer-level manufacturing processes enables reducing the size of electronic components and increasing functionality without increasing product size. With Jabil, form factor no longer limits performance.
Miniaturization continues to drive markets from aerospace to consumer electronics — smaller, lighter, thinner, and flexible components sell better. More product categories require friendly human machine interfaces. Increasingly, designs require integrating circuits with non-traditional materials such as glass, films, paper, and textiles. Volumetric efficiency is a key success factor.
Wearables and medical devices — fitness trackers, smart watches, headsets, smart terminals, head-up displays, insulin pumps, and hearing aids — are particularly enabled by portability. Jabil advanced assembly capabilities solve the following challenges by fitting functionality in a smaller footprint:
- User comfort challenges
- Accessibility barriers
- Temperature/energy consumption concerns
Jabil’s complementary capabilities in materials technology, photonics, and optics (including active alignment) open new possibilities for product design and development. Our manufacturing and supply chain experience, and global footprint, ensures the delivery of reliable product on-time, close-to-market, and at the lowest landed cost.
- Blue Sky Center — lab space and expert talent
- Class 100 and 10,000 cleanrooms
- Die bond, wire bond, surface treatment, test and analysis capabilities
- Wafer-level equipment
- Glass research and advanced surface prep, micro/macro-integration
- Deep human machine interface expertise
- Ecosystem and process development
- 3D pick and placement
- 3D inspection and production transfer
- Advanced package handling for complex systems and components